Every May, we celebrate our moms and mother figures! We take a day to stop and acknowledge them and show appreciation for the sacrifices they have made and the things they have done for us. Gifts are given, hugs are exchanged, meals are cooked, and meals are shared.
When showing appreciation and love for your mother this Mother’s Day, use these tips to stay environmentally friendly!
- Opt for a handmade card. It’ll allow you a chance to sentimental, while also providing an opportunity to be crafty and creative in your gift giving experience, and moms always appreciate handmade gifts!
- Plant a garden. Planting a garden could provide a great activity for the whole family to participate in on Mother’s Day. If you decide to plant a garden, consider planting something for the summer like fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs. Having a garden or yard can be great for summer enjoyment and is something that mom can appreciate long after Mother’s Day!
- Cooking for your mom! She will definitely appreciate a home-cooked meal. When picking out your ingredients, shop locally. This will help stimulate your local economy. As always, recycle anything you used.
- While you’re at the grocery store, pick up some flowers for mom!
- Give the gift of organics. When gifting items such as clothing, makeup, fragrances, and skin care products keep an eye out for organic and all natural products.
- Activities are always a great alternative. Get outdoors, go for a hike, have a picnic or take a class, or plant a tree in your mom’s name!
With these tips, you can celebrate your mom while staying green. We hope this Mother’s Day is an opportunity to spend quality time with family and appreciate the little things in life. Happy Mother’s Day!